Our members now have a Spiritual Director and Counselor
I have been asked by the Abbot General to serve as the Chaplain Bishop of the Order. This I humbly accepted on December 17, 2017. I have been asked to serve the Order’s clerics as a temporary bishop should the Abbot die prematurely. I will assist the Vicar General in a smooth transition in voting for a new Abbot General pursuant to the Constitutions of the Order. Once a new Abbot has been duly elected, I will have the honor to consecrate and install the elected Abbot for the Cistercian Order. I have also been appointed to serve as a member of the Abbot General’s Council and to perform any other Sacramental or spiritual development service as directed by the Abbot General. I will do my very best to dispense these duties with all diligence and, by the grace of God, to the best of my ability.
Position of Chaplain
- Should the Abbot/Bishop die while in office, the Chaplain will serve the Order’s clerics as a temporary Bishop so that they may continue their vocations uninterrupted.
- The Chaplain will assist the Vicar General in a smooth transition in the voting process of a new Abbot General. If there is no Vicar General, then the Chaplain will contact the members and get consensus in nominating and then electing a new Abbot General as the Constitution directs. The Chaplain is encouraged to seek the advice of the Abbot General’s Council.
- The Bishop Chaplain will install the new Abbot General and consecrate him a Bishop for and in the Cistercian Order.
- The Chaplain will aid the current Abbot General in the spiritual development of the members of the Order as the Abbot General directs.
- The Chaplain will perform Sacramental services for the Cistercian Order as the Abbot General directs.
- The Chaplain is a member of the Abbot General’s Council.